6. The Mocha
18th C. thatched "Shed" acquired by John Wallis and rebuilt as 2-storey brick building with a billiard room on 1st floor. On ground floor town's first Library opened 20th June. 1809 incorporating a new "Shed" with benches round walls and front open to sea. The Library was known for many years afterwards coloquially as the "Shed".
Where is this plaque located?
From Beach House walk a few paces to the next building. The Plaque is located at the front of the building facing the Esplanade.
The next plaque is located at The Kingswood Hotel.