32. Woodlands Formerly Old Hayes
WOODLANDS FORMERLY "OLD HAYES" A late medieval manor house. Transformed to a fashionable "cottage orne" where LORD GWYDIR Chamberlain to the PRINCE REGENT Entertained his society friends 1806-1817.
Where is this plaque located?
From Hylton carry on down to the bottom of Seafield Road. Use the crossing and turn left heading away from the Manor Pavilion continuing to a pinch point in the road. Cross safely and look for the Woodlands Hotel on the left immediately at the top of the large roundabout. The plaque is on the front of the hotel but quite high up.
The next plaque is located at Cedar Shade.