29. Cotmaton Hall
Built C. 1520 by Harlewins. Acquired 1695 by Carslakes. By descent to John Carslake. Inherited by His nephew, Commander John Carslake J.P., 1185-1865. Joined Navy 1799. Midshipman H.M.S.Victory at Trafalgar, 21st Oct 180.544 Promoted the following day and served 1st. Lieut. H.M.S. Proserpine Captured by French at blockade of Toulon and held prisoner Feb. 1809 May 1814. Married 1817 Thomazin Leigh of Slade House, Weston. Founder Member in 1846 of what later became Sid Vale Association. The Old Hall was destroyed by fire.
Where is this plaque located?
Turn around at the Greenfield plaque and walk back along the road to the crossroads. Cross over here at a convenient point and take advantage of a walk through the Glen Goyle. These are public gardens. Follow the Glen all the way to the end and at the exit take a right and then right again into Cotmaton Road. Follow this road along and turn left into Seafield Road. A few steps on the right hand side you will find the plaque on a long white wall.
The next plaque is located at Littlecourt.